CYA is 0. Can I still SLAM?

Jun 14, 2014
Aberdeen,MD
I recently posted in Getting Started about my journey to open the pool this year. Long story short...cinder block dropped in pool by anonymous family member, patched, rain water gathered, algae, pool filled with new water on top of that rain water, hoses fixed, water is circulating, and now I'm here.

So the pool is green obviously and I just ran some tests on the water.

Results are:

FC/CC: 0
CYA: 0
PH: ~8.8
AK: 45

I added about a pint of MA about an hour and half ago to lower my PH and will go back out and test the water again shortly.

Question is, do I need to get my CYA in order before I start to SLAM?

I do believe I have some conditioner or CYA in my pool shed, but will need to double check.

Just added liquid conditioner using Pool Math which should bring me up to between 30-40ppm. Should I wait for that to register before starting to SLAM? I have successfully SLAM'd in the past but I am just very impatient this year due to what happened and want to get as much done and do it as quickly and efficiently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.