Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New test results and using CYA standard

1. Back To Top    #1

New test results and using CYA standard

Instead of adding to my long-standing thread I thought I would start a new one. I recently received the CYA standard R 7065 and if that is a 50, my results have been off slightly in the past. I tested multiple times with the standard and can still see the dot, although barely and fuzzy. Must br
    my 20/15 vision in one eye LOL.

Lots of rain this morning, probably should get some of it out of the pool, but my results are good right now.

PH 7.0 as close as I can guess
    FC 5.0 which is great considering my new CYA appears to be 40
    CC nada
    CYA 40
    TA 90
    Might as well take the pool cleaner out since I have so much pollen floating on the top.
    Hopefully warm up in a few days, supposed to be getting great weather next week. Or I should say the week after.

Will pollen affect my results?
    Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round Radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir. Sun all day, south side of house
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- Algae? --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New test results and using CYA standard

Hey, can you slip a skimmer sock, painters liner or hosiery sock into your skimmer to help collect all that pollen? It keeps it out of your filter that way. You just have to monitor in case it gets super loaded so you don't impede water to the filter. You might be grossed out by all it collects, but its so much better for your filter.

Were you dropping your pH so as to drop your TA??
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

I put in a hairnet. One of the ones somebody from here suggested. I was dropping my TA from 220 originally.
    Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round Radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir. Sun all day, south side of house
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- Algae? --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well then it worked wonders! Now you need to aerate to raise that pH again.

Good move on the hairnet.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Refreshing 70 degrees. Crazy five year old!