I might have a leak

Tell us a little bit about your pool? Is it vinyl, fiberglass or cement? Do you have any idea where it might have a leak from? Check around the pump and filter while its running and see if its wet? Look for any odd wet spots near the pool that might lead you to suspect a pipe underground is leaking. Look for any damage to the surface of the pool that can be quite small yet water leaks from.

Then you're just going to have to put on some goggles and dive in to inspect the liner. If you find questionable areas that you think might be damaged and leaking use a little food dye to determine if the area "sucks in" the dye. Does that make sense?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
my leak guy is coming back friday b/c I am losing about the width of a piece of scotch tape over 24-36 hours. already have ugly patches in 3 places (even though it is the same as my liner, it is not faded, so it shows up more prominently).

He had me perform a test w/ pumps off as well, but it was so hard to really measure accurately if there was a difference. any difference could be accounted for in evaporation in one day vs the next.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.