Have the filter running properly now.

Jun 14, 2014
Aberdeen,MD
So, after debating whether to spend the entire day figuring out how to hard plumb my swimming pool, I opted to go to HD and grab some sealing tape and a few new fittings to stop my pool hoses from leaking. Success!

I have my marsh circulating now, so I will let that run for a few hours and then test the water. In the mean time, I will try and rescue as many tadpoles as I can and provide them freedom in the creek out back.

I'm guessing the first thing I will need to do is raise my PH because when I took the reading yesterday prior to any circulation it was about 9.0.

I have a K-2006 kit and enough reagent to last me until my refills get here. Should I add any bleach and start brushing the pool at this time?

uh.. I think you mean *lower* your pH. 7.2 is ideal for SLAMing. SLAM Process Go buy a gallon or two of muriatic acid and let Pool Math tell you how much to add. Just remember to never mix bleach and MA. Keep them stored apart and don't add at the same time to the same place in the pool. Once added, brush also so you don't have a concentrated bolus next to the pool liner.

Add 1/2 gallon of bleach daily until you officially start your SLAM.

Bring us back your full test results and we'll help you figure out what to do next.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.