Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Have the filter running properly now.

1. Back To Top    #1

Have the filter running properly now.

So, after debating whether to spend the entire day figuring out how to hard plumb my swimming pool, I opted to go to HD and grab some sealing tape and a few new fittings to stop my pool hoses from leaking. Success!

I have my marsh circulating now, so I will let that run for a few hours and then test the water. In the mean time, I will try and rescue as many tadpoles as I can and provide them freedom in the creek out back.

I'm guessing the first thing I will need to do is raise my PH because when I took the reading yesterday prior to any circulation it was about 9.0.

I have a K-2006 kit and enough reagent to last me until my refills get here. Should I add any bleach and start brushing the pool at this time?
    10K GAL, AGP Vinyl, Pentair Sand Dollar (SD40) filter, Pentair Dyanamo High Performance Pump (DYNIIN1-1)
    HP 1.50 SPL, Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Pool Vacuum, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Have the filter running properly now.

uh.. I think you mean *lower* your pH. 7.2 is ideal for SLAMing. SLAM Go buy a gallon or two of muriatic acid and let Pool Math tell you how much to add. Just remember to never mix bleach and MA. Keep them stored apart and don't add at the same time to the same place in the pool. Once added, brush also so you don't have a concentrated bolus next to the pool liner.

Add 1/2 gallon of bleach daily until you officially start your SLAM.

Bring us back your full test results and we'll help you figure out what to do next.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter