Dripping aqualuminator gasket

Mar 23, 2013
Hi all,
I'm currently troubleshooting a small leak in my 24' above ground pool, drops about half an inch over night. The original installer misaligned the gasket on the outside wall of the light. It's been leak free until this year. Now that I'm snooping, I spotted a very slow drip under the light. Has anyone seen this before? The design seems likely to leak, but if everyone else's is bulletproof than I'll be more suspicious. I did find a leak at one of the hose connections which is now fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should not leak, it is no different in design that a normal eyeball. Make sure your gaskets are still live (not dried and brittle/stiff) and put a coat of pool lube on them (not petroleum jelly - that will eat rubber) get some pool lube at a pool store.

My aqualuminator no longer works (I have had more issues with that thing - now the power supply has decided to call it quits) but I keep it in there beacuse the pool is hard plumbed to it.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.