Large bleach stain, worried about damage, help!!

Jun 11, 2016
Lawrence , KS
Pretty new to pool care after a dismal experience last summer with a small pop-up hand-me-down that never worked quite right...this year invested in a 14'x42" metal frame Summer Escapes Pro-Series, on sale at Walmart. Have had it up for 2 weeks and loving it, but went out this morning and found that our floating clorinator container had somehow tipped and chlorine tables had dissolved on the bottom, leaving a large bleach stain. Stain is no big deal, but I am terrified that it has caused major damage and we'll have a hole in the bottom soon. Any reassurance or advice? Way too big to patch... Can't afford a new one (this one was already replaced when the box was stolen out of our garage!!), and it's only mid-June in Kansas -- we need a pool for July and August! Thanks for anyone who can advise.

Thank you both. It's more than a speckle, though. Not sure how 2 one inch tabs could have caused such a big stain. I can live with the stain (but sure will try not to let it happen again), but just didn't want a hole or slow deterioration. Another question -- with this size of above ground, how often should I need to add more water, from evaporation and just kid splashes? It's looking a little low after 2 weeks. Usually keep it covered at night but off during the day to warm the water.

Thank you both. It's more than a speckle, though. Not sure how 2 one inch tabs could have caused such a big stain. I can live with the stain (but sure will try not to let it happen again), but just didn't want a hole or slow deterioration. Another question -- with this size of above ground, how often should I need to add more water, from evaporation and just kid splashes? It's looking a little low after 2 weeks. Usually keep it covered at night but off during the day to warm the water.
Depends on wind and temperature and relative humidity. I can lose an inch in two days if we get those strong hot Santa Ana winds here in SoCal. It seems to be wind more than heat that does it, if that helps you any.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.