Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Correct plumbing on my pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Correct plumbing on my pool?

I have 15x40 foot sports pool, 15,000 gallons

1 skimmer, 2 main drains
    2 returns

All above using 1.5 inch pvc coming into the valves, Then switches after the valves to 2 inches to the 1.5hp 220v pump into the 350lb 75gpm sand filter, into pool heater then switches back to 1.5inches after the valves back to the pool.

Is this sufficient plumbing?
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Correct plumbing on my pool?

It should be fine. I don't know why they didn't stick with 1.5 connections for the equipment but switching to 2.0 shouldn't cause much difference. Are you having issues with circulation?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Correct plumbing on my pool?

Nope just wondering from reading all the forums. Just wondering if the 1.5 inch pvc is sufficient enough.

1.5 inch main and 1.5 inch skimmer into the jandy valve out 2inc into pump,filter heater, makes sense to me.

Just wanna make sure everything is suffiecient, reading the forums too much, lol
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater