yellowish green color brushing

I have been testing religiously, every 3-4 days. we had a lot of rain recently and when i brushed this morning which i am doing about 1 time a week maybe sooner it was a yellow green cloud similar to algae. This pool was redone a couple a months ago to pebble and the darker color its hard to see a color difference until you brush. My tests as of this morning was PH-7.6 FC-3 TC-3 CC-0 TA-70 CY ACID - 50 Calcium-225 20,000 gallon pool chlorine with tablet floater in pool. Will be salt but have not switched yet. Is there something I am not doing correctly as to cause the stuff on the floor of the pool. I have not been running the pool cleaner but have been vacuuming once a week. Is this something I need to slam or could it just be dirt etc from pool cage and all the rain. I am trying to keep this pool clean and clear by checking so often and am confused as to the issue this morning.

It could be dust or it could be algae.

I'd suspect algae, because with a CYA of 70 (and climbing due to the puck floater) the minimum FC should never dip below 5. Remember, yours is not yet a SWG pool. You should be testing pH and FC daily with fresh plaster anyway.

You could jump right into a SLAM Process, or hope for the best and just raise FC to about 10 and brush brush brush. Tonight, before sundown, raise FC to about 10 again and leave the pump run and recheck FC after the sun goes down. Check again tomorrow morning before the sun hits the water. More explicit directions are in Overnight Chlorine Loss Test If FC is the same, you can exhale. If you lost more than 1 FC, you need to SLAM Process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.