Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 3800 PPM salt level - too high?

1. Back To Top    #1

3800 PPM salt level - too high?

My salt level indicator on my generator was in need of calibration. Without knowing this, I added a too much salt. I have since bought an handheld electronic salinity indicator via Ebay so that I can keep better tabs on it. My handheld indicator is telling me levels are at 3810. I have a Hayward SwimPure Plus generator. Is this salt level too high? I know I need to replace water to adjust it so want to confirm it is necessary before I go forward. Thank you.
    29K Gallon, Concrete bottom/Fiberglass sides, SWG, Sand Filter, 1HP Pump, Gas Heater
    Kansas City, KS

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 3800 PPM salt level - too high?

What does the SWG say? If no complaints then it is fine to run.

Btw, there really is no calibration ability with that SWG.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 3800 PPM salt level - too high?

The generator is reading what I set it to. I used my handheld salinity reader to get the reading and then set the salt PPM level on the SWG. Not sure if that would be considered calibrating or not, but there is a way to adjust the level the SWG is displaying. When I set it, it goofed a bit so it is reading 3400 but my handheld is 3800. I trust the 3800 is accurate so I am trying to figure out if that would be considered to high since the SWG prefers more in the 3200-3400 range.
    29K Gallon, Concrete bottom/Fiberglass sides, SWG, Sand Filter, 1HP Pump, Gas Heater
    Kansas City, KS