Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pb4-60 union connect collar's end broken inside the pb4-60, how to get it out?

1. Back To Top    #1

pb4-60 union connect collar's end broken inside the pb4-60, how to get it out?

Split from Polaris P19 Quick Disconnect = Not so fast to install Zea3

Hi everyone,
    My polaris pb4-60 union connect collar's end was broken inside the pb4-60. Now I can't get it out to start to replace it, Does anyone know of any tricks to take it out of the pb4-60's? It seems stuck or it may even be glued in there. I can't do anything until i get this darn end out!! Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: pb4-60 union connect collar's end broken inside the pb4-60, how to get it out?

you could go to home depot or lowe's and get a pipe extractor in the irrigation area. Usually will wok on 1/2" up to 1" plastic. The one i have is red and has a tee handle

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: pb4-60 union connect collar's end broken inside the pb4-60, how to get it out?

You can break it out with a hammer and screwdriver. You'll booger up the threads a little, but just use RTV silicone to install the new ones and you should be good to go.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

4. Back To Top    #4

You can make a cpl of cuts in the broke fitting with a hack saw blade...don't cut all the way thru.... then as stated take a small screwdriver and break it out ......

24K Marcite 1.5 Pentair Pump 380 Polaris