Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What kind of pump do I need to drain the water under the pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

What kind of pump do I need to drain the water under the pool?

I have a white pipe sticking out of the ground that was guessed (thanks Richard) to be a well point pipe (in ground pool). My pool is being crushed by the high water table (literally). I have a crack on the bottom and the floor is bulging. SO I am crossing my fingers that this is a well point, and I can use it to drain the area underground around the pool. It is a 1 1/2 to 2" PVC pipe (capped). I opened the cap and there is water up to the top. It doesn't have a pump underground, but I searched and it seems like some of these are "suck" type.

My question is what type of pump do I need to drain it? And how does it work? Doesn't seem a sump style is going to do me much good.

Thank you!
    In ground (installed 2000), fiberglass, cartridge filter, Pentair Super Flo Single speed pump (2014).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What kind of pump do I need to drain the water under the pool?

Look at trash pumps they come in various sizes.

Maybe something like this

Liberty Pump, Centrifugal, 1/2hp 331 | Zoro.com
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What kind of pump do I need to drain the water under the pool?

Thanks for the link!

I came across this since posting, is it too small. The spec sheet says it can 240ish GPH at 15 feet depth. I only ask because its 69 bucks.

Wayne Transfer Pump
    In ground (installed 2000), fiberglass, cartridge filter, Pentair Super Flo Single speed pump (2014).