Solar cover pricing caution

May 16, 2015
Lewisberry pa
Just want to share my experience with trying to replace my solar cover. After much research, I ordered a SolarMax 12 mil cover from Leslie's pool supply list price $249.99. What was delivered to me was a Blue Wave NS 450. I probably wouldn't have thought much of that except in my research, I looked at that brand and chose not to buy. BTW, Amazon sells this for less than half the price $113.99. The first Leslie's rep assured me this was a mistake and that they do not even sell that. After I sent them a picture to verify what I received, I called back and they finally acknowledged That is the item they sell. I have no problem with company's making a profit, but, in my opinion, this is deceptive as nowhere on their item description do they tell you that the item has a totally different SKU and manufacturer than what they clearly advertise, which prevents you from actually price shopping. Then they tried to say I'd have to pay return shipping and a restocking fee, which I would have no problem with if the item were advertised transparently.

Bottom line, if you want the Leslie's SolarMax cover, order it from Amazon. It's just the Blue Wave cover.

Just want to share my experience with trying to replace my solar cover. After much research, I ordered a SolarMax 12 mil cover from Leslie's pool supply list price $249.99. What was delivered to me was a Blue Wave NS 450. I probably wouldn't have thought much of that except in my research, I looked at that brand and chose not to buy. BTW, Amazon sells this for less than half the price $113.99. The first Leslie's rep assured me this was a mistake and that they do not even sell that. After I sent them a picture to verify what I received, I called back and they finally acknowledged That is the item they sell. I have no problem with company's making a profit, but, in my opinion, this is deceptive as nowhere on their item description do they tell you that the item has a totally different SKU and manufacturer than what they clearly advertise, which prevents you from actually price shopping. Then they tried to say I'd have to pay return shipping and a restocking fee, which I would have no problem with if the item were advertised transparently.

Bottom line, if you want the Leslie's SolarMax cover, order it from Amazon. It's just the Blue Wave cover.

I would make them provide the product you ordered and exchange the cheap substitute at no cost to you.

If not report them to the BBB ..... it works wonders! I have gotten Sprint and Time Warner to do the right thing by reporting them after they refused to do it on their own :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.