Jandy valve - two way - pool/spa - issue

I've had the pool for about 10 years now. My valve was always set by my pool guys (who opens and closes my pool) to flow to the pool and to the spa. When in Pool mode, it would flow 98% to the pool and 2% to the spa. (well that's how the pool guys put it). The valve would be open ever so slightly tilt so it would flow to the pool and spa. It is a three way. I mistyped it in the subject line but can't change it.

This year - they opened the pool and the pool guys (a new one this year) didn't do that. My spa quickly turned green (of course!). So he comes out today to investigate and he moved the valve by turning it off when the jandy valve was in an off position so it would flow to both place.

Problem with that is now I can't turn on the SPA and Pool back and forth with my automation pad inside. I now have to put it back in C1 and then I can turn on the SPA. I never had to do that before in the 10 years and I told him that. He said that I need a bypass valve.

So is there a way to adjust the valve and still use the automation (keeping it on?) If you need me to take pictures, I can. I appreciate any advice. I've been searching and can't find what I'm looking for.

Thanks, Mike

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP Mike :)

Your 3 way valve has a 24V controller on top of that valve, you can set how far it can move each way, here is a video..

I hope this helps :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.