I need a pump/motor recommendation to replace my Hayward 1.5 HP 1 Speed

Jun 2, 2016
New York
I need a pump/motor recommendation to replace my Hayward 1.5 HP 1 Speed (Model SP2610X15).
I want to replace it with a 2 speed or variable Hayward so that I will not have to change the plumbing except for the fittings attached to the pump. I am looking for quieter pump that saves some money because of energy efficiency, but I have read I need to consider my waterfall that is rarely used and pool heater.

So far the recommendation I have is to get a Hayward SP2610X152S Super 1-1/2-Horsepower Max Rated Dual Speed Pool Pump

Any other suggestions would be extremely helpful.

I went from a single speed SuperPump last year to an Ecostar VS this year and I couldn't be more pleased - the old pump used 1800 watts whenever it was on, the VS is using but a tiny fraction depending on what speed I run it at. For my solar array I found the sweet spot with only 200 watts consumption. My overnight "just keep the water moving" setting is only around 40 watts. Even when I'm running at higher speeds for vacuuming or the gas heater I'm still using several hundred watts less than my old SuperPump, and it certainly doesn't spend much time at those RPM's.

Needless to say it doesn't take a math wizard to see that there's massive savings to be had.

I was lucky to find a refurbished one for $500 so it will almost certainly pay for itself in electricity savings this summer alone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.