Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Indoor pool out of control ????

1. Back To Top    #1

Indoor pool out of control ????

image.jpg
    This is my friend of the family indoor pool

where to start first. Please
    I know iknow I can't get there with my TF-100 test kit yet
    Chris- Macomb, Michigan 20,000 gallon pool IGP. 16 x 32 Hayward Ecostar pump. Hayward 24 inch sand filter with Zeo sand. Hayward Aqua plus P4 automation board with T-15 turbo cell. Hayward H150 heater millivolts style. Polaris 9300 robot vacuum. New maytronics titain plus vacuum cleaner Test kits TF-100 and color Q7 TEST KIT.http://tftestkits.net.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Indoor pool out of control ????

Indoor pools require substantially lower CYA than outdoor pools. I think 10CYA is the recommended dosage for window light UV degradation
    FC levels that high are going to throw a false/high pH reading
    30k in ground vinyl lined pool surrounded by decking in the woods.
    Hayward sand filter circa mid 80's
    If there is a way to do things less expensively and yield a superior product I am all ears

3. Back To Top    #3

Indoor pools should have 20-30 CYA.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

The TA is also fine. I would only be worried if the TA were below 60 ppm... assuming the beep beep boop machine is correct.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

The chlorine generator is still on I will have them turn it off

Should I drain some of the pool because the salt looks pretty high
    it's a Pentair Chlorine generator
    Chris- Macomb, Michigan 20,000 gallon pool IGP. 16 x 32 Hayward Ecostar pump. Hayward 24 inch sand filter with Zeo sand. Hayward Aqua plus P4 automation board with T-15 turbo cell. Hayward H150 heater millivolts style. Polaris 9300 robot vacuum. New maytronics titain plus vacuum cleaner Test kits TF-100 and color Q7 TEST KIT.http://tftestkits.net.

6. Back To Top    #6

If the SWG isn't giving a high salt warning then no need to try to lower salt. Pentair IC reports high salt warning at 4500 ppm, but will continue to produce chlorine even with high salt.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

First you should retest with a reliable test kit, second you should get the pH in line, third you should ignore the TA number and instead chase pH stability which will be a certain TA number, not the other way around.

ps I maintain the CYA on my indoor pool between 20-30 ppm, this is because the CYA turbidity test minimum reading is 20 or 30 ppm depending on which view tube you use, also with indoor pools CYA is about buffering FC not so much about UV protection
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~