The multivalve for Astral Aster 99 sand fil system

Sep 6, 2008
I have a problem with drop in pressure when some of the multivalve options are selected. I read that sometimes the 'spider gasket' in the multivalve can get damaged or clogged. However I don't see how the multivalve can be inspected. There are no bolts, just appears to have a single small clip. Any idea how it comes apart?

Help

Joe

Multi-position main valves are expected to change the pressure. When the valve is are in any position other than filter, water will not be going to the filter so the pressure gauge on the filter should read zero. So I am not sure what you mean by "a problem with drop in pressure when some of the multivalve options are selected".

When the spider gasket is failing, water will almost always leak out through the waste pipe. If you are not having that problem, then your spider gasket is probably fine. If you do want to check the spider gasket, the top of the valve, including the handle, should be removable.

Thanks for the reply. However on my pressure gauge which sits on top of the Aster 99, when I previously selected to backwash, the pressure when backwashing stayed at the same reading as when in the filter position ( assuming the system is running ). But when I went to do a 'to waste', ( the pool was particularly dirty ), thus bypassing the filter, the pressure in this option which usually is the same as in filter mode almosts drops to zero and waterdoes not pass through the system. Now also when backwashing the pressure drops to 50% of the previous pressure levels.

The Aster 99 Multivalve is connected at the side of the filtration unit. Other multivalves all seem to have the top of the valve bolted on with perhaps 6 bolts. Mine has nil. The Astral company have a view of the Aster model on their website.

Thanks
Joe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.