need help.. zero fc

I did a little googling. It looks like that test kit uses the tablets to test FC, and it also says it on;y reads up to 10.

Problem is, you need to be above 10 FC to SLAM Process. It's in the prerequisites. You need to have a FAS-DPD chlorine test. Even if your tester could read high enough, it isn't accurate enough to determine when you've passed the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

So before you go off and buy a bunch of bleach, you need to get a proper test kit, or at least a proper chlorine test. It looks like the other tests are pretty much the same as Taylors. Different numbers on the bottles, but probably the same stuff. So you could just add the FAS-DPD tester by itself.

To answer your question: ten or twelve gallons to start. You can add a jug of standard 8.25% bleach every day to try to keep things from deteriorating, but there's no point in kidding yourself that you're going to SLAM when you're working blind. SLAMming without a FAS-DPD test is like painting a portrait in the dark. You might get paint on the canvas but you won't like the end result. All you'll have done is ruin a canvas and waste paint and time.

Thanks.. I will order it today and try to keep things from getting worse... :) Does the taylor 2600 work ok? if so I may as well order it.. thanks!
The K-2006 includes that FAS-DPD test. So does the TF100, and it also includes a CYA standard reagent so you can actually test a known value to perrect your technique. It ships from NC, so you'd probably have it the next day.

Help Please!

Now I have a taylor kit and trying to understand all of it... I have a question about the FC & CC test.. it took 16 drops to turn so that is 32 ppm abd when i added the 5 drops of r003 it turned pink... what is the cc reading??? I know I sound like I'm in the dark.. and I am.. my TA is 15 Cal H 160 and CYA 50.. my pool is cloudy and can barely see bottom of 3ft... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After adding the 5 drops of R0003, you then count the 871 drops again until it turns clear for the cc.

What volume of water sample did you use? 10ml each drop is 0.5ppm, 25ml each drop is 0.2ppm.

Re: jan2227

taylor 2006 I got stumped with the free and combined test... followed along with a youtube... It took 16 drops to clear and 5 drops r0003 it turned pink... how do I get the combine chlorine and is the 32ppm my free? 20,000 gal sand filter

- - - Updated - - -

ph 7.6
ta 150
cal 160
cya 50

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.