Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winter cover solutions

1. Back To Top    #1

Winter cover solutions

Hi all!
    Looking for some input on types and makes of winter covers. We currently have a Meyco cover that attaches with anchors into the pool deck concrete. It's fine I suppose. It came with our house and pool so I haven't a clue how old it is. I am not opposed to getting the same type again other than the local supplier is horrid to work with and I'd prefer to not give them the business.
    I suppose my pool would be considered freeform. It's like a Grecian T shape. We live in VA so the pool is covered 7ish months a year. The cover will need to hold up to the weight of snow, ice etc.
    Any input would be much ch appreciated!
    33,000 gallon IG w/ vinyl liner. 300lb Hayward pro series sand filter. 1.5 HP Marathon pump.

TF 100 ordered and on the way soon!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Winter cover solutions

Rectangular pools are obviously easiest and can easily accommodate an automatic cover. They're expensive, but worth it in the long run. Irregularly shaped pools can use automatic but not without some difficult compromise (deck-mounted tracks).

What you have is likely the best solution for your irregular pool. They come in a number of grades and types (solid/mesh) at a broad range of pricing.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Winter cover solutions

Any specific manufacturers worth looking at?
    33,000 gallon IG w/ vinyl liner. 300lb Hayward pro series sand filter. 1.5 HP Marathon pump.

TF 100 ordered and on the way soon!