Platinum Supporter
May 16, 2011
TX (~30 miles south of Dallas)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We are in the middle of a SLAM and as part of the process we cleaned the cartridge filter yesterday for the first time. That seemed to go fine, but when we started the pump again it made a slight squealing/"urching" sound which eventually dissipated. It had never done that before.

I made a note it the filter pressure after cleaning. 13 psi.

This morning I checked pressure and it was down to 11. Since then, due to the SLAM, we've scrubbed the skimmers and vacuumed out crud (cement, dirt etc) from the capped pipe at the bottom of the skimmers. I just checked pressure again and it's at 10. I can also hear water running through the pipes at the pad which I never heard before. The sound at the pump returned too, but less than yesterday. I opened up the strainer basket and felt inside for debris near the impeller, but it felt all clean.

Do any of these issues sound concerning, and if so, what do I need to do? Thanks for any help you can give.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.