Lowering chlorine

Jul 7, 2014
kannapolis NC
Could i lower my chlorine by adding ammonia to the pool. Was slaming the pool and guess my son overshot the chlorine by alot yesterday. Its over 50 ppm (stopped at 100 drops it was still pinkish) We have a big gathering tomorrow and was planned on the pool being ready. Its clear with a slight cloudiness in the deep end. I have over 40 gallons of 12% chlorine to fight if it kills too much.

It will lower FC at the same rate that bleach raises FC. Enter your target FC in Now and what you want it to be in Now. Choose 8.25% bleach and that amount of HP will lower FC that amount.

Using ammonia to lower FC shortly before a gathering is a terrible idea. It will create a large CC situation that will make your water very uncomfortable. Strong chlorine smell, burning eyes, the stereotypical chlorine pool symptoms.

Use peroxide or a store bought chlorine neutralizer, not ammonia.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Using ammonia to lower FC shortly before a gathering is a terrible idea. It will create a large CC situation that will make your water very uncomfortable. Strong chlorine smell, burning eyes, the stereotypical chlorine pool symptoms.

Use peroxide or a store bought chlorine neutralizer, not ammonia.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Ok thanks for all the help everyone. I "knew" it wasn't a smart idea but very desperate. Thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

No one locally had anything to reduce chlorine as far as pool store related chemicals

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.