How far can my sand filter and 1.5 HP Hayward Pump with Salt Cell be from my 27' AGP

Hi, welcome to TFP! To answer your question I need to ask a couple of questions first. Are you using a pump designed for an inground pool? Will the equipment be up hill, down hill or level with the pool? How far away do you want to put the equipment? Do you plan to bury the pipes?

It is a Hayward 1.5 HP Hayward Pump ProSeries Above Ground High Rate Sand Filter. No the equipment will be level with the pool. Ground is level and Pool is countersunk 2 feet in the ground and the rest above ground. We would like to put 35' feet away from pool. Yes PVC pipe will be buried.

You need to include all of the other information that was asked for as well.

Its not a matter of distance, its a matter of head loss. Diamater of the pipe, type of pipe, number of bends, pool elevation vs filter elevation, if you are using a pump designed for an in-ground pool vs and above ground. ABG pool pumps are not self priming, they rely on being below the water level in the pool, in-ground pool pumps can be ablve the water level. By burying your ABG, you have in essence created an in-ground pool. If you proposed pump location is a good distance above the water line, and you bought an in-gound pump, when there there may be some issues.

-dave

Edit, just saw your updated post.

One more bit of infomration: at what height will the inlet on the pump be in releation to the waterline in your pool ? above or below, and how much ?

I could go through all of the math - but just to give you an idea. My 1.0 HP running though my EC-40 DE filter, sitting below the waterline, hard plumbed with 2" PVC with 8 - 90 degree bends in the loop total, sits about 18' feet from my pool and does just fine at 12 psi pre coat pressure. You are planning on being just another 18' further, with a larger pump. That should be just fine. I thought you were talking 100's of feet away, up a hill, from a fully buried pool :)

-dave

OK thank you for all your help! We have settled for 25' away from the pool for the filter and pump. Total bend in loops will be 5 90's but I think we will be OK. We called Hayward and they only recommend up to 20' max, but with the 1 1/2" PVC Pipe buried I think we will be OK.

Thanks again!
Robin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.