Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coleman 18x48 pool legs

1. Back To Top    #1

Coleman 18x48 pool legs

I have two legs that we either didn't have completely straight while filling or bowed up somehow. I think its the first but just wondering if I could get some advice would it be okay the way it is or do I need to fix this. Here are pictures attached.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Coleman 18x48 pool legs

I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear at a time like, but you might be best to drain and fix those posts in that position. The last thing you ever want is for one of those legs to slip-out and release all that water. If the legs were just slightly "off" plumb, you could live with that. But from the pics, one or two of those legs appear to be really off plumb and are easy targets for pool failure. You're most ideal option would be to remove the water and fix the base as required to ensure those posts are properly supported and vertically plumb for the season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!