White Flakes in Pool / Need a sanity check

Jul 12, 2009
All,

First off, Great forum as I have been lurking hear for years, before my pool was built and almost every day after. Lots of great advise here.

I need a little help as I have noticed in the last two days that there are white flakes floating in my pool on the surface of the water. I've tried scooping them out with the net and the skimmer socks on the skimmer basket do not seem to trap it.

Pool is a 14,000 gallon in ground vinyl pool / Fiberglass steps with SWG and DE filter. I have been reading a few threads and calcium braking off of the SWG plates seems to be a common theme as a possibility, but with my test results this AM I am scratching my head a little bit.

Below are the Test results I took this AM with my TF-100

CL - 3.5
CC - 0
TCC - 3.5
TA - 90
CH - 80
Salt - 3200
PH - 7.8
CYA - 70
Temp 74

I need to grab some more MA this evening to bring down the PH. But does anyone have any ideas? Other than the white stuff floating on the top and a few leaves in the bottom, water is crystal clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.