Pool Install References?

I should mention the one builder I like has no BBB presence and nothing about installs with Angies List. He has been around a few years and does about 15-20 vinyl pools per year. I did not get his name from anyone I know with a pool. Thx!

Get references directly from the installer. If they don't give you any, move on.

You'll learn a lot just by asking the reference general questions like: Are you happy with how your pool turned out? Was the builder good to work with? Did the build and costs go according to plan? Visit them if you can but sometimes references may not be willing to allow it.

I asked our soon-to-be PB for references and he provided three. I asked them if they'd describe their experience overall; what, if anything, went wrong and how it was resolved; and whether they would use him again if they had it to do over.

I heard back from all three, and all pointed out some things that could have gone better, but none hesitated to recommend him. I felt like I was getting honest info since their reviews were not perfect.

One offered to have us come look at their pool anytime. Haven't taken them up on it yet.

Before I signed anything, my pool builder was willing to give me the information on his last 2 builds. Just ask for his last few pool builds.

I like this idea because it gives the most recent info. I was also thinking I might also ask for a reference from last year and another several years ago. I think getting the most recent reviews may be the most honest. They remember anything negative and are willing to share it. It is also less likely the references can be cherry picked by the pool builder.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.