Aquabot Turbo stopped working. Voltage goes to 0 when applied to drive & pump motor

Jun 22, 2015
Freehold, NJ
Aquabot Turbo stopped working. Voltage goes to 0 when applied to drive & pump motor

Hi All,

My Aquabot Turbo stopped working after 8 years of use.

I used the following site to help troubleshoot it.
Aquabot Troubleshooting

I get good 37 volts from the power supply's outlet and from the float cable ends (that connect to motor) when the cable is connected to the power supply so the float cord is also good. But when I connect the power supply to either drive motor or pump motor the voltage drops to zero. When i disconnect the power supply from either motor the voltage jumps back up to 37 volts.

I did a continuity test for both motors and that is good.

Anyone know what's causing the voltage to drop like that?

I get good 37 volts from the power supply's outlet:
IMG_6642.JPG

But when I connect the power supply to either drive motor or pump motor the voltage drops to zero.
IMG_6653.JPG

Re: Aquabot Turbo stopped working. Voltage goes to 0 when applied to drive & pump mot

A short. Did you measure the resistance between +- on the pump motor/drive? Can you spin the motor shaft by hand?

Re: Aquabot Turbo stopped working. Voltage goes to 0 when applied to drive & pump mot

Add a resistor (light bulb often works) inline when testing with the multimeter those power supply boxes (at least mine) inducts a phantom voltage onto the leads even when off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.