Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquabot Turbo stopped working. Voltage goes to 0 when applied to drive & pump motor

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquabot Turbo stopped working. Voltage goes to 0 when applied to drive & pump motor

Hi All,

My Aquabot Turbo stopped working after 8 years of use.

I used the following site to help troubleshoot it.
    Aquabot Troubleshooting

I get good 37 volts from the power supply's outlet and from the float cable ends (that connect to motor) when the cable is connected to the power supply so the float cord is also good. But when I connect the power supply to either drive motor or pump motor the voltage drops to zero. When i disconnect the power supply from either motor the voltage jumps back up to 37 volts.

I did a continuity test for both motors and that is good.

Anyone know what's causing the voltage to drop like that?

I get good 37 volts from the power supply's outlet:
    IMG_6642.JPG

But when I connect the power supply to either drive motor or pump motor the voltage drops to zero.
    IMG_6653.JPG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquabot Turbo stopped working. Voltage goes to 0 when applied to drive & pump mot

A short. Did you measure the resistance between +- on the pump motor/drive? Can you spin the motor shaft by hand?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aquabot Turbo stopped working. Voltage goes to 0 when applied to drive & pump mot

Add a resistor (light bulb often works) inline when testing with the multimeter those power supply boxes (at least mine) inducts a phantom voltage onto the leads even when off.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~