Getting Close

KDFraz

May 15, 2014
md
I'm getting close to finally being able to enjoy my pool for the first time.

Last Night:
  • CL - 5
  • pH - 7.2
  • FC - 11.5 (23 x 0.5)
  • CC - 1 (2 x 0.5)
  • TA - 110 (I didn't touch this)

I didn't add any chlorine since my FC was .5 from shock level.

This Morning:
  • CL - 5
  • pH - 7.2
  • FC - 12.5 (25 x 0.5)
  • CC - 0.5 (2 x 0.5)
  • CYA - 30 (could be 45)
  • TA - 110 (Added a little bit of Muriatic acid)
  • CH - 175 (Slowly adding CH I purchased from Lowes.)

I forgot to take the chlorine tablet out so I'm guessing that's how my FC increased. I started with no CYA so at the time I wasn't concerned with the tablet but I'm sure it's time to take it out until the water is properly balanced.

Now I have to get it to clear up. Without my skimmer working I have to do some extra manual labor.

This evening: I took the readings and then had to hurry and leave the house so I couldn't add Chlorine nor did I get a chance to brush. I'm going to try to go out there and do it now.
  • Cl - 5
  • PH - 6.8
  • FC - 9
  • CC - 1
  • TA - 100
  • CYA - 40

My water still isn't clear. I think there's a hole in the filter grids and DE is entering the pool but I could be wrong. When I brush it seems as theres's a slight white cloud that arise. I added DE via the spa drains my skimmer is broke. I made sure the returns to the pool was turned off. I'm unable to vacuums since my skimmer is broke and there's a hole in the separation tank bag. :-( So close... More reading and research to do. Think I'm going to just call a pool company.

This Morning:
Cl - 5 (orange-ish)
PH - 7.2
FC - 13
CC - 0
TA - 110

Proper circulation and filtering is pretty much a must of you want the pool to be clear and sparkling.

The water itself could be perfect, but any debris, even microscopic stuff, is going to cloud the water until it gets filtered out.

You just plain have to get the skimmer working and vacuum up what you can and then you'll know if the filter is leaking DE or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.