Sad and happy day, New pool decisions

Jul 4, 2014
Pocatello, Idaho
Our 16'x48" frame pool got a huge hole. I had just put in a new big 2150GPH sand pump with a saltwater system and a Hayward skimmer into our old one. I had planned on buying a bigger pool for next year so bought a pump that big enough. My kids want deeper, so 52" is a must. I'd like either 18-20' in diameter. We rent, so I hesitate to landscape our lay a sand base, but we had leveled and compacted the dirt well. We had it for 3 years, I had really hoped to get one more, but whatever.

So, new decision. Is a steel wall pool an option given our setup limitations or should I stick with an ultra frame pool? The one we had was not index band, I think it was summer escapes or something (Big Lots special).

You could certainly buy a steel wall above ground pool and set it up. The great thing about all above ground pools is that they are easily disassembled for removal. Please make sure your landlord is ok with setting up an above ground pool. If you do go with a steel walled pool, make sure you level the site and set it up correctly.

I would definitely invest in a steel wall pool then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.