Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning Bottom of Intex 14 Round Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaning Bottom of Intex 14 Round Pool

Does anyone have any cost efficient and effective ways of cleaning the bottom of their Intex above ground pool? We have the standard pump so I don't think the traditional vacuum would work? We are having a small party tomorrow and would like to get the pool clean as possible! In walmart I saw a manual vacuum where you attach to a pole, does anyone have any experience with those?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Edmond OK

Re: Cleaning Bottom of Intex 14 Round Pool

I've used a traditional vacuum before, but rather than running it back through the pump, start it siphoning and just let it run onto the ground. It'll have a surprising amount of suction. Then top off with fresh water.
    6000 gal Intex 16'x48" Ultra frame AG
    Splapool 4500 GPH 1 hp pump w/19" sand filter
    Intex Krystalclear SWG EC8110
    Hayward Dyna-skim
    Intex Auto Robot "Wally"

3. Back To Top    #3

I use the intex one that hooks to end of pole and connect water hose to it. It picks up the debris very well. You will have a hard time with small stuff like sand but it works.

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Put the kids in the pool and have them run around the edge and create a whirlpool before you pull them out. All the debris will settle in a pile in the center. Then you can siphon vacuum quickly and lose the l;east amount of water.

Also, for a big party, raise the FC 2 or 3 points above normal before people get in and again after they get out. And don't panic is the water looks a little blurry and CC rises after the party. It's only temporary if you've been good about maintaining things. It'll recover in a day.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!