Brand new

Go ahead and put enough bleach in to get to about 2 or 3 ppm. It probably won't last the day in the sun but it will help. Get enough CYA stabilizer in there to reach 30ppm per the directions in pool school.
When you get your test kit (which one?) please give us this information:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Also please fill out your signature line with details about your pool, such as size, material, method of sanitation, equipment, test kit...thanks! You can find this spot under "settings"

Thank you for the warm welcome. I think I have my pool information added, didn't work the first time hopefully it will show now.
I have an inexpensive 6 way hth test kit that my Dad gave me for now but I've ordered the T100 kit which should arrive by June 20th.
I added approx 40 oz of stabilizer (cya) per the pool school chart, put it in a sock to dissolve. Added 64 oz of bleach as well. Have not tested yet as the chemicals were added late this evening and it was getting too dark to determine readings, plus I figured the cya and bleach needed a bit of time to disperse.
Hopefully I'm off to the correct start, I do have a bleach question. Is dollar store generic bleach ok to use? There wasn't a percentage on the bottle.
Also, my current test kit only tests for TC, is that going to tell me if my bleach load is sufficient?
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and expertise, I'm sure you've had to hold the hands of many a newbie like me and your patience is appreciated!

That test kit will work fine till your TF100 gets in.. you can just test TC for now, it will be good..

the bleach from the dollar store is probably 6% but its fine, it is probably more expensive than walmart 10% bleach/liquid pool shock at 2.50 a gallon in the pool isle..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.