Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air bubbles coming out from 1 of 3 returns

1. Back To Top    #1

Air bubbles coming out from 1 of 3 returns

I have three returns, formerly two but I had a leak under the pad so I closed off that return and turned my two polaris lines into return lines. One of those lines has bubbles coming out of it. The other two lines do not.

What would cause this? It's been going on for over a week now and hasn't changed.

46k gallon vinyl, Intelliflo VF, Quad DE 100, Autopilot DIG60, Raypak R405a, Bravo Fury Auto Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: Air bubbles coming out from 1 of 3 returns

Vince, there may be air entering the system from the suction side and that port is the first in line on the return side.

I'll ask you all sorts of questions about your system, and get your answers, to help figure it out - but that's gonna have to wait until after Memorial Day (I'm swamped at work this week). Maybe this post will give another member here an idea on what's going on 8)

If you're not loosing water, please have patience and wait until I can discuss this with you, and "bump" it next week, in case I forget to re-respond
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)