Hayward H100ID making popping backfire noise

Jun 9, 2016
Canada
Evening all.

New to the site. Had a AG pool for the last 8 years. This year I bought a second hand H100ID. Set up really easy. New 3/4 has line. Worked great for the first 3 days. Now when I turn on the heater it backfires or pops about 60-90 seconds. I can also smell some gas. I have called around to Hayward tech line. Not much help. I went and had a chat with a pool company. They too were unsure. Little concerned to run it especially with the smell of gas. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix. Thanks

Sounds like it is tome for a complete disassemble and clean. Moving it probably knocked a bunch of rust loose and it is clogging up the burners. Does it run OK after the 60-90 second time frame?

I will also be surprised if the safety circuit is intact when you take the top off of it.

Had a pool tech by today and he said it's not getting enough gas. I can't see it but gas fitter is coming Tuesday to put a meter on the line. I will confirm that first and then look to take it apart. I find it hard to believe that it's not getting enough fuel. It appears to be not burning it

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.