Rural Acreage - Northern Alberta - well water

Hi folks. I'm brand new to TFP and have started reading from the beginning. Wow, it's a lot of info. For now, are there any pool owners out there that live in a rural area where you are filling your pool with well water? I've ordered a Taylor pool testing kit, which should arrive next week. I did, however, send my well water to a professional water analysis company and have the results. I have a couple of questions. 1. Should I test my water after it's heated? Do results change with heat? 2. Does anyone know of a great natural gas in ground pool heater that withstands hard water? Our last heater caught on fire after 1 season of use (which for us is 3 months). It corroded terribly. Is this because our pool water was unbalanced? Any advice would be super appreciated.;) If anyone would like to see the type of water I'm dealing with, I can certainly provide those.

Welcome to TFP!

Lots of folks here filling with well water. Iron is the worst thing to deal with in well water. Everything else can usually dealt with reasonably well.

The only test that is temp dependent is the CYA test, it is recommended to be done at room temp or above.

Raypak gas heaters are by far the most favored heaters on TFP. To prevent corrosion in a heater it is important to maintain PH at 7.2 or higher. It is important for other factors as well to always maintain PH between 7.2 and 7.8 in a pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.