Wiring V-green to omnilogic

Jun 9, 2016
Millstone, NJ
I am replacing jandy single speed pump with a century v-green variable speed motor and I have a Hayward omnilogic salt/automation system. Century sells an automation adapter (about $160) and I think I need to purchase it bc the pump allows settings for duration of pump running but no time clock that I could coincide with the salt generator. I talked to Hayward and it seems I'll need to buy extra relays and then could run the pump as essentially a two speed by choosing a speed setting for one auxillery and another for another having the omnilogic set when each gets power. Does this make sense? Any suggestions? A Hayward vs pump for omnilogic was about $500 more than the v-green and was going to be a plumbing mess, so I ordered the v-green instead. Thanks for any thoughts on the hookup!

I did read the manual and spoke to both companies before ordering. Problem is century told me I just need to get a code from Hayward to let the adapter communicate but Hayward said that is completely untrue. If the limitation ends up being that I have to set the speeds on pump to use on the Hayward (as a two speed essentially) then I'm fine with that bc most pool owners with vs pumps that I know use only two speeds and I'll still save a ton. I was hoping I'd find someone here who did the connection before. Thx

Has anyone used the automation adapter from century? Any thoughts other than read the manual or buy Hayward? Thanks!

Hi Mattmalt,

Just wondering if you ever got this sorted out. I *think* the adapter might allow for variable speed control from an external unit without resorting to the four digital inputs since it's first input accepts a PWM signal which will tell the pump at what speed to run. Unfortunately, I am having trouble figuring out if automation units typically support a PWM output. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.