Wiring Issue's with Globrite Light on a Intellibrite Controller (need some help)

Hey Everyone,

I recently renovated a 50 year old vinyl liner pool in my backyard. Updated everything. I added one of Pentair's GloBrite color changing LED lights. I have run into a road block on how to wire the low voltage side of the transformer.

I have four wires on the low voltage side of transformer. Orange ( labeled common ), Brown, Yellow and Blue. And I have a white and a black coming in from the light. The wiring diagram on the transformer says for 12V it's Orange to Brown. Does anyone know how this gets wired? I tried orange (common) to white from light and Brown from transformer to black from light. I get the white color to come on, but no other colors will show. I know the wiring is wrong on the low voltage side. I just don't know how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

I know nothing about this particular light, but it appears to me that if you got the white light to work, then the other colors should work also.

I assume you already know this, but this light changes color if you turn it on and off a number of times. The number of times you turn it off/on quickly will determine the color of the light.

What happens when you pulse the power by turning the light switch on and off?

I'm assuming again, but my guess is the number of secondary wires allows you to select 12, 13 or 14 VAC. My gut says the light is going to operate on any of those voltages.

Jim R.

The above is correct. Each of the different colored wires represent either 12,13, or 14v power. Sounds like an Intermatic transformer (PX100 or 300).

Are you sure you got a colored LED light? Pentair makes solid white globrites now. If it is a color changing light, simply cycle the power supply on and off to change from each of the solid colors to one of several light shows. All of this is clearly outlined in the manual and will spell out what you have to do to get a specific color or show.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.