Chois Pool Issues

Jun 9, 2016
Iowa
Hello everyone,

I have lived in my home for many years and when I bought it there was a 14x22 Chois pool already on the property. For many years we have struggled with it. My main issue is I feel like the skimmer doesn't pull in enough water. It's like the water coming out just continues to get sucked back in. The skimmer and pump lines are very close to one another, and I feel like the water coming out is what is being sucked back in (hopefully that makes sense). Could it be that I need a more powerful pump? We also have issues connecting a vaccum because it requires so much hose to reach the other end of the pool. We often lose suction.

Thank you !!!

Welcome to TFP :)

How does your water look? does it keep it clear...

you can change the way the eye is pointed to try and get good circulation :)

Hi, welcome to TFP! Please edit your signature to include information about the pool such as pool type (above ground or in ground), surface (vinyl, plaster, or fiberglass), size in gallons, pump brand and horsepower, filter type (sand, DE, or cartridge), filter brand and size, and any water features, cleaning systems, and if there is a spa (attached or detached). Also please include that you are on well water or under water restrictions if those conditions apply to your pool. It will show up at the bottom of everything you post and it is easier for us to help you if we don't have to search the thread for this information.

I really can't say if the pump needs to be replaced without knowing the horsepower of the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.