rain and the pool

May 19, 2009
hello all. just moved into a house with a pool, this is our first experience with one...
i live in florida and it has been raining for 2 days straight and the pool water level is
very high, is this ok? should i keep everything running as usual?

It would be good to give us a bit more information about your pool and current test results. It might be good to increase your chlorine level, but since I don't know your current levels it's just guessing. But that's what many people do, in anticipation of storms/rain, increase the FC level. :wink:

Welcome :wave:

if you live anywhere in central florida, I wouldn't lower the water personally, as there will probably be plenty of non-rainy days that will eventually require you to add water (assuming you use the pool at all and have splash out, plus evaporation). since we're in the umpteenth year of drought (or are there just too many people here?) I am leaving my pool very full to conserve water later. if you are going to drain no matter what, I would do it just enough that the skimmer can collect the junk off the top of the water.

reebok said:
if you live anywhere in central florida, I wouldn't lower the water personally, as there will probably be plenty of non-rainy days that will eventually require you to add water (assuming you use the pool at all and have splash out, plus evaporation). since we're in the umpteenth year of drought (or are there just too many people here?) I am leaving my pool very full to conserve water later. if you are going to drain no matter what, I would do it just enough that the skimmer can collect the junk off the top of the water.

might want to drop is some because in sw Florida we are expecting rain for the rest of the week. I dropped mine some on Sunday. Otherwise it would be overflowing today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.