Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New build east Texas opinions needed.

1. Back To Top    #1

New build east Texas opinions needed.

We have a new build going in E. Tx. Pool builder has been great. Great communication and I don't feel like he's trying to sell me things I don't need. Pool is a free form 40x26 with spa. After the dig we were held back a few days because of the rain and had some cave in issues to deal with. The extra dirt was dug out and it was formed back up and now the gunite (shotcrete) is done. Forms have been off two days and while watering yesterday I noticed a fairly deep hole in the backside of the shell. Looks like a concern to me but just want other people's opinions. Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New build east Texas opinions needed.

Hard to tell how deep that is but it is definitely big enough for me to be questioning the builder about it.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree but don't know what would be the proper step to fix it

4. Back To Top    #4

I suspect they would just fill it in with some sack crete
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I would suggest making a form on the right side of the open trench and filling that entire void (including the excavated portion) 4" above the highest portion of the gap in the shell. Depending on where that is located on the pool wall, that could be a very bad place to have a program weak spot. Stresses on the shell are highest at the bond beam and the transition from the floor to the wall. Your issue looks pretty close to the latter.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page