Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello all,

I was getting bubbles from my returns so knew there had to be air in the lines. I made myself crazy looking for an issue when the pump then went digging and found this lovely surprise! The original owners threw a PVC connector which was too large on the pipes underground then sealed it with duct tape. Ugh!!!

Here's my problem - the pipe is too big to fit a 1" fitting and too small to fit a 1.25" fitting (without water leaking everywhere. Any idea how to join these two pipes with an air tight seal that will prevent air getting in and water getting out?

That black pipe looks like polyethylene AKA pex.

Does it feel like Tupperware or an ice chest? Same material. Glues won't stick to it.

What you need is a barb and a clamp in the polyethylene and then a threaded adaptor to glue to the white pipe. Plus whatever pieces of PVC (white) pipe to get it all to line up.

If I'm right about the PEX... you need things like
1 in. Brass PEX Barb x 3/4 in. Male Pipe Thread Adapter-UC142LFA - The Home Depot
Charlotte Pipe 1-1/2 in. x 1 in. PVC Sch. 40 SPG x S Reducer Bushing-PVC021071150HD - The Home Depot

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.