Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: NC Pool Owner

1. Back To Top    #1

NC Pool Owner

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I live in the coastal area of North Carolina and have owned an above ground pool for 11 years. I did replace the pool in 2012, but replaced with the same size. The pool is an above ground 27' by 48" and it is surrounded by a wood deck. I have been reading many of the forum posts and have been helped by many of them. We stopped using pool stores and their "water analysis" after the first year of pool ownership. I am 63 and my husband is 65, but we maintain our pool on our own. It is always helpful to find other pool owners who have great advice.

I am sure that I will be asking questions and let me say that I am happy to join your group.
    11 year owner/pool replaced 2012
    27X48 Aboveground pool w/vinyl overlap liner
    Poolmaster 222705-Way Test with Case - Premier Collection
    18,000 gallons
    Hayward 1 hppump/Pentair SD40 Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: NC Pool Owner

Hi, welcome to TFP! Feel free to ask any questions you may have. We're glad you're here!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Good to have you here and welcome to TFP
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.