Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filters

1. Back To Top    #1

Poway, CA

So I started my SLAM yesterday and it's going good, but I have a question. Do I need to clean the filters again after the SLAM since I just cleaned them before I started? My water wasn't crystal clear, I was getting a little yellow algae on the sides of the pool and it was using more chorine than usual.

Thanks for your help!
    27K Gal, IG Plaster, Hayward EcoStar Variable Pump, Pentair DE FNS Plus Filter 24, Hayward AquaRite with extended life T-CELL-15
    The Pool Cleaner Sweep
    Build in 1969
    Water From City
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Filters

You should clean the filters when the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure.

If you are filtering out algae, it would not really hurt to clean them at the end of the the SLAM too.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Central Minnesota

Re: Filters

When your pressure rises 25% above the pressure it was when it was cleaned, it's time to backwash and recharge. This is regardless of during a SLAM or during normal maintenance.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons