Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help just started BBB method

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help just started BBB method

Here are my readings from this morning where do I go from here ??

What is the best test kit that is not crazy price that I should get for all I need

18'x48" round Intex Above Ground Pool 7600 gal using the small pump that came with the pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help just started BBB method

Added 2gal bleach Tues night and 1/2 box borax yesterday Ph reading was same as shown above but chlorine not showing up out just over 3 gal of bleach in last night and chlorine now shows what I see in the pic added after reading that I need to get that chlorine base up

18'x48" round Intex Above Ground Pool 7600 gal using the small pump that came with the pool

3. Back To Top    #3

Help pretty please I'm super new to this method and would love for it to work for me

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi Bred,

Welcome! I'm new myself however learned a thing or two from these forums.

First thing are you familiar with Pool School? Read the ABCs. Also what is the current water condition? Is it clear? Green? Etc. Please post your test values;

FC, CC, PH, TA, CH

Test kit I would recommend is TF-100 or Taylor Kit 2006 Complete, either of those will provide you with all teasing you need.
    23K gal (I think), IG vinyl lagoona, Sta-Rite Hi-Rate Sand Filter T-240BP-1, Pentair Superflo VS 1.5 Pump (342001), June 2007, Taylor K-2006, Hayward Chlorine Feeder CL220, Water source from garden hose w/ water restrictions | 1HP Sta-Rite DYNA-GLAS MPRA6E-147L single speed pump

5. Back To Top    #5

The water is crystal clear just filled pool on Saturday last weekend I apologize I posted of pic of this mornings readings but I guess it didn't show I have a cheap Walmart test kit right now here are the readings
    CL BR
    5 10
    PH

6. Back To Top    #6

I have not tested the CYA and I did put in a shock and 2tablets in floater on Saturday

7. Back To Top    #7

Float is still in the pool should I take it out I will look up the ABC's thank you I have not read them

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

While you wait on your kit add a quart of bleach per day. Post results when it gets here. Welcome!
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank u Mr Bruce

10. Back To Top    #10

Are my current levels ok to swim in

11. Back To Top    #11

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

As g3lo said, those two test kits are the best bet. They are a bit pricey, but will save you multiples in the long run. I am new here as well, but have learned a ton and am already reaping the rewards as I near the end of a SLAM (you can find info on that in Pool School) that has turned my pool from a green swamp to near perfect. From the pic, your PH appears a bit high. Ideally you want it around 7.5 - 7.8 or so. Not sure if yours is high enough to warrant adding muriatic acid to bring it down. I am sure one of the resident experts can point you in the right direction on that. Your proper chlorine level will depend on how much cyanuric acid (CYA) is in the water. You will need the test kit to test for that. Once you determine your CYA use this chart to determine your target chlorine level. Once you have your test kit and all of your numbers you can use PoolMath to determine what you will need to do to properly balance your pool. Looks like you are off to a good start! Just keep reading this forum and you will be an expert in no time!
    24ft x 5ft above ground pool (16,900 gallons), Hayward Sand filter, located just outside of Syracuse, NY, in direct sunlight from sun-up until about 6pm. Controlling algae is a "Time Vampire"

12. Back To Top    #12

Can we swim in it at the levels I am curr at should be ok right chlorine just high also he long should I be running my filter

13. Back To Top    #13

Sorry how long

14. Back To Top    #14

You can add about a cup of muriatic acid to the pool to bring the pH down. Did you order a recommended testkit? If so, which one of these did you order?: Pool School - Test Kits Compared

15. Back To Top    #15

I ordered the k 2006 Taylor kit

16. Back To Top    #16

When your pH gets down to 7.8, you can swim.

17. Back To Top    #17

Awesome! Thank you ! Also how long should I be running the filter I have had it running it will be close to 48 hrs this evening

18. Back To Top    #18

Pump run time depends on several factors, so it will be up to you to determine what is best for your particular pool. Determine Pump Run Time should help you figure it out.
    24ft x 5ft above ground pool (16,900 gallons), Hayward Sand filter, located just outside of Syracuse, NY, in direct sunlight from sun-up until about 6pm. Controlling algae is a "Time Vampire"

19. Back To Top    #19

Thank you all I really appreciate the help!

20. Back To Top    #20

Should I take the floater with the tablets out of the pool or leave ?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast