PLEASE HELP! Trying to make my CLOUDY water CLEAR!

QueenP

Jun 9, 2016
Basehor, KS
We purchased a new home in October 2015 and therefore, inherited an above ground (12K gallon) swimming pool. We were informed by the previous owner that he had already winterized it and no longer covered it for winter due to the fact that he saw no difference in chemicals required for startup, come summertime. Our pool was swampy green. We followed advice we received and super-shocked it, not realizing just how much debris had accumulated at the bottom of the pool. We have spent days scooping it out, have vacuumed, etc. We are trying to balance our water now that we have finally gotten rid of the "green." It is a very cloudy blue. We have shocked it and shocked it in the process trying to kill all of the algae that was present. Now, our chlorine levels are off the charts high, but everything else is in range. We put in a pool clarifier last night and still no difference. Why can't I see the bottom of the pool?! This is beyond frustrating! Any advice at all here is appreciated! Please and thank you so much!!

Last edited:
Hi there! Thanks for the welcome! I can't help but be so incredibly frustrated with all of this. ? I'm sorry. I totally remember seeing something about a "signature," but now I can't find it. How do I edit my signature?

QueenP, I'm a newbie. I've been trying to clear up my pool since April. Yes, April. To edit your signature, click on Settings in the top right, then on the left look for Edit Signature. That said, it sounds like your pool is as bad a mine is. But, you really need to post your equipment information (this actually helped in my case because TFP users helped me determine that my filter was TOO SMALL for my pool, which is partly why I am on month 2), and you need a test kit pronto because it gives you a whole lot of information about what is going on in your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.