Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nice and nasty step question!

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Nice and nasty step question!

When I purchased the "bones" for the new pool adventure, one of the items was a nice set of steps. Percieved problem is, they were in the gross nasty pool when we bought it. I want to pressure wash them before they go in the new pool. How concerned should I be with any algea that is hanging on/in the steps?? The have been setting in the sun for about a month while we were getting the pool up. Didn't know if the algea would rekindle itself once put in water. Thoughts anyone??? Thanks!

30' AG Vogue, 21,000 Gallons, Swimline Portofino Liner, Foamed, Coved and Armored, Raypak Variable Speed Pool Pump 1.65, Hayward 300lb Sand Filter, Hayward AQR15 SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, PoolGuard PGRM-SB Safety Buoy Alarm, 1 Skimmer w/ 2 Return Jets. Installed 06/2016.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Nice and nasty step question!

Quote Originally Posted by poolpapa View Post
    When I purchased the "bones" for the new pool adventure, one of the items was a nice set of steps. Percieved problem is, they were in the gross nasty pool when we bought it. I want to pressure wash them before they go in the new pool. How concerned should I be with any algea that is hanging on/in the steps?? The have been setting in the sun for about a month while we were getting the pool up. Didn't know if the algea would rekindle itself once put in water. Thoughts anyone??? Thanks!

If they have been dry and in the sun for a month the algae will be dead. Any doubts spritz them with a bleach and water mixture. (see the bottle of bleach for mixing instructions) spray on and let dry in the sun. When dry if they look dirty give them a power wash.
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Nice and nasty step question!

Thank you!!!
    30' AG Vogue, 21,000 Gallons, Swimline Portofino Liner, Foamed, Coved and Armored, Raypak Variable Speed Pool Pump 1.65, Hayward 300lb Sand Filter, Hayward AQR15 SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, PoolGuard PGRM-SB Safety Buoy Alarm, 1 Skimmer w/ 2 Return Jets. Installed 06/2016.