AcyRite Pool and Spa wir3eless thermometer

Jul 11, 2008
Flintstone, GA USA
I have bought 3 of model Pool Hawk wireless pool thermomethers from Home Depot and all 3 of them get water inside of them and causes them to
not work.

I called AcuRite and they said they did not have any suggestions on how to keep the water out of the unit. I advised them that if they could not get their product to work properly they should quit selling it. They said they no longer carried it in stock but Home Depot still had it.

I just want people to know that this is defective and 3 have tried 3 and same results.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a better unit.

Thanbks

I tried an older version of this and it worked great for about 3 months until water got in and could no longer read in pool, supposedly they have fixed getting water in them...

Amazon.com: Ambient Weather WS-25 Wireless 8 Channel Floating Pool and Spa Thermometer with Indoor Temperature and Humidity: Home Kitchen

I had a new one that I had exchanged a faulty one for the 3rd time last fall. I did not put it back in my pool last year but I just installed it in my pool 2 days ago. What I did was I put a silicone lubricant all on the track below the O ring and coated the top also. I mean I really piled it on. Screwed the parts together very very good. I figured that the silicone grease would keep the water out if the O ring was faulty. So far no water has gotten in the unit. I will know in a few weeks if there is condensation in the unit. If there is then I will be taking it back to Home Depot.

I called the manufacturer Chaney inc. and talked with tech support who was not helpful at all about this situation. They told me that they no longer had this in their product line because of the leak problem. Another product that China could not get right.

I will post back my results with this unit whatever good it is as it is no longer available to buy anywhere that I know of but Home Depot until they get rid of their inventory.

Can't recommend that you buy this due to 2 bad ones and don't know how this 3rd one will work out.

This is the Acurite Pool Hawk Model which is no longer available.

Stay tuned.

I've had the Home Depot model and it leaked. I returned it and caulked it too. It lasted until I had to replace the lithium batteries that I chose but by then the base station no longer received the signal so I trashed it all

I've had the Home Depot model and it leaked. I returned it and caulked it too. It lasted until I had to replace the lithium batteries that I chose but by then the base station no longer received the signal so I trashed it all

The only problem I had with them is they leaked. They worked perfectly until the leaking caused them not to display accurately and finally did not work.

I hope with this one, I have solved the leaking. If not it will be returned to Home Depot and I will seek out something more reliable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.