Here's where I am, what's next??

poolpapa

Silver Supporter
Jun 1, 2016
Stillwater, OK
Getting the new pool ready. No one has been in it yet. Had water and some bleach in it for several days while I was finishing plumbing and electric. A little junk in the bottom, vacuumed last night. So I did the overnight test and think that the chlorine is fine. Didn't seem to lose anything. I know I need to get the PH and CYA up. Hung a sock filled with stabilizer this morning. I've got a little bucket of PH Up that came with the pool shell, don't remember what chemical it is. Go ahead and put some in? Should I be worried about the CC? When should I start dumping salt in to get ready to fire up the SWG?

• FC - 13
  • PH - 7.2
  • TA - 50
  • CH - 100
  • CYA -Barely

• CC - 0.5-1??
  • Salt - 0
  • You guys are awesome. Thanks! :D

You can leave pH alone for now. I'd watch CC and see how it goes, it will probably go away today or tomorrow. If it's 1 or more for sure tomorrow, I'd bring it up to SLAM level and kill whatever is there. Once you are sure your water is clean (OCLT, low/no cc, clear) you can fire up the SWG.

Usually I would recommend people just starting out to learn how to manage the chemistry of their pool without a SWG first, but since you seem to have a handle on things I don't think that's necessary. So sure, why not :)

Oh, and TA is on the very low end of "ok", keep a close eye on pH over the next couple of weeks. It might be fine at 50, but if pH starts acting funny it might need a bump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.