Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Here's where I am, what's next??

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Here's where I am, what's next??

Getting the new pool ready. No one has been in it yet. Had water and some bleach in it for several days while I was finishing plumbing and electric. A little junk in the bottom, vacuumed last night. So I did the overnight test and think that the chlorine is fine. Didn't seem to lose anything. I know I need to get the PH and CYA up. Hung a sock filled with stabilizer this morning. I've got a little bucket of PH Up that came with the pool shell, don't remember what chemical it is. Go ahead and put some in? Should I be worried about the CC? When should I start dumping salt in to get ready to fire up the SWG?

• FC - 13
    • PH - 7.2
    • TA - 50
    • CH - 100
    • CYA -Barely

• CC - 0.5-1??
    • Salt - 0
    • You guys are awesome. Thanks!
    30' AG Vogue, 21,000 Gallons, Swimline Portofino Liner, Foamed, Coved and Armored, Raypak Variable Speed Pool Pump 1.65, Hayward 300lb Sand Filter, Hayward AQR15 SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, PoolGuard PGRM-SB Safety Buoy Alarm, 1 Skimmer w/ 2 Return Jets. Installed 06/2016.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Here's where I am, what's next??

You can leave pH alone for now. I'd watch CC and see how it goes, it will probably go away today or tomorrow. If it's 1 or more for sure tomorrow, I'd bring it up to SLAM level and kill whatever is there. Once you are sure your water is clean (OCLT, low/no cc, clear) you can fire up the SWG.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! So it would be ok to start dumping salt in it?
    30' AG Vogue, 21,000 Gallons, Swimline Portofino Liner, Foamed, Coved and Armored, Raypak Variable Speed Pool Pump 1.65, Hayward 300lb Sand Filter, Hayward AQR15 SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, PoolGuard PGRM-SB Safety Buoy Alarm, 1 Skimmer w/ 2 Return Jets. Installed 06/2016.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Usually I would recommend people just starting out to learn how to manage the chemistry of their pool without a SWG first, but since you seem to have a handle on things I don't think that's necessary. So sure, why not

Oh, and TA is on the very low end of "ok", keep a close eye on pH over the next couple of weeks. It might be fine at 50, but if pH starts acting funny it might need a bump.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks MrBruce!