Chemical Returns

Jun 22, 2015
New Jersey
I'm not sure if this was ever brought up but last week I had an algae problem and went to my local pool store and bought some chemicals to clear up the pool. I used most of the chemicals except the algae killer which I felt I didn't need plus my water cleared up fine without the algae killer. I just called my local pool store to see if I can return the algae killer since I have no need for it and they said that due to federal laws they cannot accept returns on chemicals. This is a first for me and was wondering if this has any merit. If the product was never used or unopened shouldn't you be able to return it? and if there is a law regarding the return of chemicals shouldn't the store have post this somewhere in the store. Not trying to cause any trouble or debates. Just want to know if there is a law regarding pool chemicals being returned or if this is something that was made up by the pool store. Any input would be most appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.