I need iron help! Bad!!

Jun 9, 2016
Indiana
Ok. We have a 14' 42" deep pool. We filled with well water. We shocked and it turned brown. So. Added a big bottle of iron out and it was beautifully clear in about an hour. But the next morning it was a lighter green and just kept getting darker as the day went on. So we drained it and started over trying to filter the iron over the hose. It's looks awful today. I added Metal Magic from the pool place. Have not shocked it. Have a towel over my filter and have been filtering non stop. Aside from orange filters and towel, not much has changed. I don't have a sump pump to do the bucket thing. What should I do next? Should I add Culator? More Metal Magic? Iron out? Different iron stuff? Help! ?We would really like to swim in this pool sometime.

II have major iron in my well water too and we strictly filtered it out after chlorinating and it turning orange. I wouldn't put any of the metal or iron out st7ff in because it just hides it and it will come back.., filtering will remove it. Do you have one of those intex cartridge filters? If so filtering will take longer than if you had sand but it can be done. It took us a week or two to get all of the iron out of our 18x48 intex with the small filter. That included using towels and such and rotating filters and rinsing them often. Hang in there! Worst case you will have to refill if the metal Magix stuff messed up your water.

Ok. We have a 14' 42" deep pool. We filled with well water. We shocked and it turned brown. So. Added a big bottle of iron out and it was beautifully clear in about an hour. But the next morning it was a lighter green and just kept getting darker as the day went on. So we drained it and started over trying to filter the iron over the hose. It's looks awful today. I added Metal Magic from the pool place. Have not shocked it. Have a towel over my filter and have been filtering non stop. Aside from orange filters and towel, not much has changed. I don't have a sump pump to do the bucket thing. What should I do next? Should I add Culator? More Metal Magic? Iron out? Different iron stuff? Help! ?We would really like to swim in this pool sometime.

Pool is a poly group summer waves 14'. I think about 5000 gallons...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.